Read, learn, and play the John Deere way! 8 two-sided activity cards slide into the electronic tablet for 16 big busy scenes full of fun. Each activity card has 4 different modes of play: Learn, Engage, Explore, and Sounds & Music. Choose any card, any mode, and begin touching the learning tablet to activate sounds, facts, questions & answers, games, and activities. The card reader reinforces early learning essentials in a fun and interactive way to engage and motivate young learners. Activities include ABCs, counting, animals, colors & shapes, music, questions, and more for hours of thinking and playing! Cards store in the back of the tablet making them easy to track and to take on-the-go. No computer or internet hook-up is necessary! A great introduction to early learning tablets!
John Deere Kids children's books recognize that the preschoolers of today are the farmers, builders, and innovators of tomorrow. Content and formats are based on the legacy of a long-loved company that encourages kids to play in backyards, dig in the dirt, get muddy, and learn where food and shelter come from.
Explore more officially licensed John Deere products, electronic interactive books, and hundreds of other board books for babies and toddlers from Cottage Door Press!
- PRESS, PLAY, AND LEARN! Choose and insert a card,then press the card selector "wheel icon" to begin! Listen to the prompts and follow along to explore the farm. Activity tablet defaults to LEARN mode. Don't forget to touch objects more than once for double surprises! Press around the page to explore hidden bonus sounds!
- 4 MODES OF PLAY: LEARN, ENGAGE, EXPLORE, AND SOUNDS & MUSIC. LEARN & ENGAGE modes teach fun facts, rhyming patterns, following directions, experimentation, and more. EXPLORE mode activates games for memory & recall and questions & answers. SOUNDS & MUSIC modes explore fun sound and music activities for added play patterns.
- EASY TO TOUCH: Buttons are easy to use for preschool age and up. Press characters and objects in the picture to hear sounds, songs, and respond to prompts. The electronic early learning activity pad teaches early learning concepts including ABCs, counting, colors, shapes, sounds, and more! A first computer-like learning pad stimulates young minds with easy-to-follow activity cards.
- FUN-FILLED ACTIVITIES: 16 activity-filled scenes to hunt through. Activity topics range from hunt & find, piano & music, matching, animal sounds & facts, and more. The John Deere Card Reader touches on a variety of concepts designed to entice young minds' interest in farm animals, fruits & vegetables, gardening & agriculture, harvesting seasons, farming & machines, and music & instruments.
- AUTOMATIC TURN-OFF: The activity card reader times out after 30 seconds of inactivity to save battery life. To begin again, press the power button back on. Includes volume control buttons, making it easy for kids to increase or decrease sound levels. Easy storage keeps the cards and tablet together for on-the-go fun. Takes 3 AAA batteries, not included.
About the authors
Cottage Door Press is an independent publisher of high-quality children’s books. Our books are designed to spark curiosity in the littlest readers and fan the flames of lifelong learning. We understand children deserve our respect. That's why we always select artwork and stories that encourage caregivers to "read up" to their little ones––exploring interests together, learning together, and giving their young minds room to grow.
We also believe in creating stories that reflect the boundless possibilities of all children. We hope to create books that inspire little ones to connect, encourage them to dream, give them cause to celebrate, and allow them to see themselves beautifully reflected in the stories they read.
To bring these beautiful stories to life, our diverse and talented staff collaborates with authors and illustrators from all backgrounds and nationalities. We have also partnered with multicultural brands and literacy organizations to make sure our books reflect and reach as many little ones as possible.
Cottage Door Press is an independent publisher of high-quality children's books. We believe that every child deserves an excellent first book experience--beginning on the day they're born.
Reading is learning is our driving philosophy, and we strive to help parents understand why reading aloud from birth is so important. We offer a simple development-based guide to help them on their journey.
Scarlett Wing is a pen name for the creative team at Cottage Door Press. We use a name like this when we work together on a story. We choose a name that stands for "red bird," which is our cheerful little mascot.
Tommy Doyle is a senior Illustrator and graphic designer based in Melbourne, Australia. Originally from Montreal, Qc Canada, he relocated down under back in 2007. He has worked in the industry for over 20 years. Illustration is a big passion and finds that it is an effective and creative way to communicate a message or an emotion. His work is bold and rich in simplicity.
Takako was born and raised in Mito, Japan where she cultivated her unique perspectives and love for drawing and storytelling.
In 1995, she came to the states to deepen her knowledge of art and design.
She graduated from Harding University with BFA in Graphic Design.
After many years in the role of Art Director/Graphic Designer, she found her true passion — illustrating and storytelling for children. She resides in Arkansas with her husband, son and two dogs.
Bao Luu was born in Vietnam and currently lives near Houston, Texas. Bao knew he wanted to become an artist since he was a child. As an artist, he focuses on color and texture in his illustrations.
Craig Shuttlewood has exhibited original work in many galleries from London to New York, focusing more recently on creating engaging children’s books. In his spare time, Craig mountain bikes, plays dinosaurs, and draws with his kids.
JOY STEUERWALD found herself drawing as soon as she could hold a pencil. So winning her first art contest in 3rd grade just sealed her fate; Joy was destined to be an illustrator. She graduated from San Jose State's animation and illustration program with a Bachelor of Science Degree and has created art for the educational market, the giftware industry, and children's book publishing. Joy usually sketches with blue Col-Erase pencil, adds a pencil line, then uses Photoshop to add textures, details and color to create art that is playful and fresh. Writing stories is something Joy looks forward to doing more of as well. Her muse is a miniature, red, short haired Dachshund who has been joined by a small, human boy.
Jen Taylor is an illustrator and arts-and-crafts enthusiast born and raised in New Jersey. She attended the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, where she majored in illustration and animation. She is the illustrator of the Brave Little Camper series as well as the picture book Ninja Camp, written by Sue Fliess. She previously worked in animation on such shows as Sid the Science Kid and MAD. She lives in New Jersey with her husband and their corgi, Rocket. Learn more about her online at www.jentaylor.net.
Other titles by Cottage Door Press
Babies Love Grandma
Best-Loved Bible Stories
Counting to Christmas: An Advent Calendar Treasury
Chomp Chomp Shark
John Deere Kids My First Storyteller
A Little Reindeer
John Deere Kids Happy Little Farm
Will You Be my Bright Star?
Busy Noisy Construction
Where Do I Live? (Colorforms)
Animals at Home